Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I believe in miracles

HELLO!!!
I have so much to say in so little of time. This week has been one of the best weeks, and quickest weeks of my mission.
I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is amazing how a mission brings you to the lowest of lows and the highest of highs... but even still you feel the peace and strength from the savior. I am forever grateful for the experiences i have daily.
On Tuesday we felt prompted to teach little man F about fasting and then fast with him and his mother about being baptized on May 28. So we had the most hilarious next 5 minutes as we watched this 12 year old kid and his mom run around the kitchen chugging water and making microwave chicken nuggets as Sister Griffin and I are laughing hysterically. We both felt peace as we were fasting. Deep down I  knew it was going to work out but there was still a lot of uneasiness with the whole thing. They are moving this Friday, the 30th, to Wisconsin and we felt so strongly that he needed to be baptized here. I had many spiritual impressions that his dad would give him permission. I literally saw it in my mind. It was remarkable! I kept it quit because I didn't want to manipulate him. The next day we get a text from his mom saying he said he wanted to wait. nnnnnnnooooooooooooooo. We cried. We still had a lesson with them and in the lesson we felt prompted to set up a baptismal interview regardless. I left to go on an exchange in Portsmouth which was exhausting and draining and I will spare the deets., but I got  a call from him mom telling me that little man F changed his mind in the interview!!!! I was SO excited!!!!!!!!! The only thing we had to wait for was his dad's permission... this was the scary part. His dad is not into religion and we never really know what is going to happen with him. So, many prayers went towards little man F and his father's heart this week.  He left to go on a trip with his dad this weekend so we were left to wonder until Sunday night.
In the meantime we had some amazing lessons with S. She is a members neighbor who has been prepared by the Lord to receive His gospel. Family and friends.. .If you don't know your neighbors... GO MEET THEM! people are prepared all around us! we need to open our mouths and find them!
we had planned to teach the restoration to suzanne but as we sat in the home and heard her talking about her life we both turned straight to 1 Nephi 1 and read from there. The spirit was so strong. S was crying as words that were not mind flowed from my mouth. It was one of my favorite lessons so far.
We had a lesson with the S's this week, they are still slowly progressing... We felt prompted to read "Bare up their burdens with ease" with them from Elder Bednar, this April's conference. It was amazing. The spirit was so strong and they asked for a copy of the talk and said it made them want to become better! He was still going off about it when he saw the elders the next day!
On Sunday we still hadn't heard from F... I was starting to get super antsy. It was a great test of patience and hope that is for sure. On the bright side, my former companion Kristen Tarwater was at church!! I cried so much seeing one of my dear friends. It was such a tender mercy. She was holding babies and wearing a huge rock on her finger! LOVE HER!! we got to stay and be with T as she received her patriarchal blessing. It was a spiritual highlight of my mission that is for sure.
Monday morning we received the word that Fs father gave permission for him to be baptized.
it is happening on May 29 at 8:30
When we make goals with faith and we are willing to sacrifice everything and put God's will above our own and WORK our hardest...
miracles will come.
love you all!
hope you had a fabtastic memorial day!!
xoxox
sister snow

Pday fun

Sista T is back for a visit, ok, now just Kristen T

more pday fun

This emblem on this old car looks like the Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment