Monday, April 28, 2014

Mormon 3:22 Goodbye Sister T

Wow.This week was a whirlwind. I feel like I am on a rollercoaster right now!
So the sister we had with us went home on wednesday. It was pretty sad to see her leave her mission, but she will continue to do great things. I learned a lot from her :)
On tuesday we walked tori and her friends dogs, and came inside to see Tori's two children sitting down at the table. We sat down and taught them the restoration with tori bearing testimony along side of us!
Her daughter who is 23 asked a lot of questions. The lesson went so well and we were so excited to have finally met her daughter and teach her! We set up a return appointment :)
Sadly, opposition set in and she cancelled... but we are keeping the faith. Someday all of her family will be members! I know it.
This week was sister Tarwater's last week as a full time missionary, and we saw so many miracles. We found so many new investigators and made a lot of return appointments. Sadly most of the people we had taught and were set with a date for baptism dropped off of the face of the earth, especially K :( God is great, he has blessed us with many more people to teach. There is never an end to an area. God has people who are prepared everywhere we go, and we will continue to find them by talking to everyone and following the spirit!
Tori got her temple recommend this week! And so did Kyle down in nagshead! I am grateful for my mission every single day.
We had a great opportunity to see some doors finally open. Sister Tarwater has been here for 11  months, and I for 6. For the past 8 months we have spent a lot of prayers, thoughts, and door knocking on this specific house. We have both felt so strongly that the people are prepared for the gospel. The husband is a member, but was only active for 2 years when he was a child, so he really doesn't know anything about the church. We have met the wife a couple times, and this time she let us in! the night was a scary one... severe lightening and thunderstorms, and even TORNADOES. we were out working hard, and sherrie felt bad for us so she let us in and let us teach her :) her husband who i had never met came downstairs, they grabbed the book of mormon we left with them and we taught the restoration. he was taking notes!  she said she was intrigued and wanted to learn more! not bad coming from the granddaughter of a southern baptist preacher!
We are super excited.
Sister Ts last day yesterday was an amazing one. We found 2 new investigators who were outside, one has the cutest little 4 year old daughter who sung for us :)
It is super hard saying goodbye to someone who has easily become one of my best friends. Sister Tarwater has taught me so much, and I know God put us together for a reason. I am a better person because of her.
I am sure y'all are wondering about transfers...
Funny story about this one.
A while ago president baker asked us for suggestions on 3 sisters who could be sister training leaders. I have a sheet of the missionaries in our mission, and I was looking through it and this specific sister kept coming to mind. I have never met her but she wouldn't leave my mind. A couple days later I had the strongest feeling she was going to be my companion. I felt really at peace about it. Well, President Baker called on Saturday to tell me my new companion here in great Bridge is Sister Griffin, the same sister I had expected. He called another set of sister training leaders in Norfolk, so now we are just the sister training leaders for 2 zones instead of 4.That leaves so much more time to be in our own area! I am so excited for the miracles that will take place!
I have been very nervous for this coming transfer... being without sister tarwater will be a big change, but God is so good. He has been blessing me with his spirit in more abundance this past week. I am filled with his peace and I know that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!
Have a wonderful week!
I am grateful every day for this choice I have made to serve God. My testimony and faith grows every single day. I love our Savior with all of my heart and I know there is power in choosing Christ.
I also love talking to strangers. 
xoxox
sister snow

















No comments:

Post a Comment