Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas Post, pics, and We got to talk with CHELSEA!!

I don't have much to report on this week.. the holidays are rough around here! All of our return appointments are in January. But all  s well :) This week we had the most member present lessons set up that Great Bridge has ever had.. and guess what? All but 2 cancelled. Brutal. I have been learning a lot of lessons about "Receiving no witness until after the trial of your faith." It was one of those weeks where everything that could have gone right went the opposite. What I have learned so far from my mission experience is how IMPORTANT it is to be optimistic. There is no point in worrying, complaining, or being pessimistic about a situation that you can't control. All we can control in these situations are our attitudes and our willing hearts.  God will take care of it.
The two lessons we had set up with a member were very extreme. One was with two kids about my age, we brought sister Baker with us, the mission presidents wife. These guys are in a bible college and the whole lesson they fought off the spirit. It was so spiritually draining.. I could literally SEE them feeling the spirit, and then shrugging it off and coming up with a new concern about how the Book of Mormon is evil. After bearing sincere testimony, to the point of tears... J looked at me and said... " I agree that a book can change your life. My friend read Meinkopf and it changed him into a bad person." This guy just compared the Book of Mormon to Hitler! Man, it was rough in there. Luckily, Heavenly Father was providing all of us with the peace to not argue, but testify and carry on. I left that lesson feeling so dark inside. It was one of the first times in a loooong time where I didn't feel the spirit. It really shook me up. I never want to live in such a way where I drive the spirit away, it is not a fun feeling.
We had a lesson planned in a members home on Thursday, and our investigator, lets just call him H for privacy purposes... decided not to show up. This is USC guy-the one we met on his roof. I was devastated! Like 6th person in a row to not show up this week for a lesson. We left the members house gloomy, going on to our back up plans and 30 minutes later we get a call from him saying if it's possible for us to still meet! MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!we taught the plan of salvation and the spirit was so strong!
Last story.... then I have to go!
Last night we went caroling with some members and our district. The member owns a 15 passenger van and at church yesterday he told us he was not going to take us if it was raining. He said the weather forecast said it would rain at 5. Well, around 430 the clouds were coming in. We were praying all day long that the rain would not affect us. So it didn't rain at the time we were supposed to meet, and the whole time we were caroling we didn't see any rain. We got outside to sing to President and Sister Baker, and the ground was super wet. As we thought back, everywhere around us the ground was wet. President told us that it had been pouring rain about 20 minutes ago. It was like there was a bubble around us, protecting us. It was a Christmas Miracle!
Heavenly Father is so kind. He loves us all and wants to bless us.  We just need to be doing our part, and working hard and we will expect miracles. I expect miracles everyday because when you are exactly obedient, you get miracles. :)
So much for being a short email!
Also on Friday we had the missionary Christmas conference and we watched the Muppet Christmas Carol...first movie in almost a year. I felt so guilty the whole time. #missionaryprobs
This is by far the toughest time of the year to be away from family, but I am grateful to be serving the Lord. There is no place I would rather be :)
Merry Christmas Y'ALL
xoxo
sister snow

Buffalo Wild Wings Challenge- guess who won?




Talking with the Family!

Our beautiful Chelsea!

No comments:

Post a Comment