Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Our times are in His hands.

Wow I am in shock right now... I literally feel like I was just at the computer 3 hours ago emailing about my week.. but that was a whole week ago. the closer the end is coming the quicker time is going by!
This week was great. Alot of ups and downs, but hey thats life. We spent a lot of time out of our area this week for exchanges and interviews, but we made the most out of the time we were blessed with.
We worked SO hard this week to involve the members in every single teaching appointment we had. We saw miracles because of it. I am seeing more and more every day how missionary work truly helps both parties involved. The teachers and the teachees. We set an investigator scott for baptism on September 2... hes had a date before but this time i feel it will happen. He is doing great!
We went down to nagshead for exchanges with the hermanas. they have been having some serious struggles and i am definitely learning alot about how important it is to rely on the spirit in every situation, and that every moment can and should be a teaching opportunity. I am learning so much every single day.
We had interviews with president baker this saturday and it was one of the sweetest experiences of my life. It was the last interview with him in the mission field. except my exit interview...it was very emotional. I was fine all week until i walked into president bakers office and he said such a kind prayer to start the interview. its been downhill ever sense. i cry a lot. im such a girl. President baker said that we couldnt talk about the fact that im going home because he would get weepy. he said when missionaries like me leave he thinks to himself, how can the mission go on... but then it does. He said the changes i have made and the work i have done is remarkable. I do not say these things to brag.. frankly i still do not see them as remarkable, but as evidence of what the atonement of Jesus Christ can do in our individual lives. We all can become stronger and learn to love ourselves as the Savior does. We have so much potential, we just need to be obedient to him and let him mold us unto the people he knows we can become. I have a long way to go, but im grateful for the start my mission has provided me.
I am out of time. My goal for this week is to be the boldest i have ever been... hahhah watch out virginia!!!!!
I am having so much fun out here, and finally i am at peace with the changes that are taking place. I know heavenly Father is proud of the work his missionaries are doing, and i know he will be with me everystep of the way this week and forever.
i will not lose sight of him. i will finish strong.
talk to you next week.....
xoxox
Sister Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment