Monday, November 18, 2013

Sister Snowfall meets Great Bridge, VA

Hey Fam Bam!
So it was soooo hard saying goodbye to my family in Nags Head, and to Sister Hymas. We had a lesson with K,  P and the Farrenkopfs before I left, it was super emotional. Seeing the people who have or are starting to accept the gospel and are sill so young in there testimonies is SO hard to just pack up and leave. I know that they will be okay though.  K is still planning to be baptized on November 30 so hopefully that works out!
I am in a wonderful new area! Back in Virginia! It's crazy. Great Bridge is a wealthy community and the area is struggling. They haven't had any baptisms in at least 6 months. That is going to change. There are people here prepared and ready for the gospel and the way we are going to find them is through the members. That is the focus here in Great Bridge, and really with any missionary.
My first full day in Great Bridge our only progressing investigator dropped us. BUT by the end of this weekend we found 6  new investigators, which hasn't happened in FOREVER! One is a couple whose daughter just joined the church. They made her wait until she was 18 to be baptized, and they were pretty anti about the church. So the missionaries have been doing SERVICE for them for the past YEAR.
When we stopped by their house Saturday, the mom, Sister S, let us in and reluctantly let us share a brief overview of what we believe. Then her husband walked in right when the spirit was strong and killed it for a little. hah ha. It's always funny when you are trying to bring the spirit back or bring the subject back after its been lost.... we pretty much said "that's nice.. well this is the BOOK OF MORMON..." in a very polite and kind way of course :)
They truly softened when the POWERFUL words of that book filled the room. They both agreed they would be baptized if they knew it was true. MIRACLE!!
My new companion is AMAZING. I was so nervous to be with her because she is literally PERFECT but she is helping me so much and we are already laughing all the time. We really are so much alike. It is crazy/ a testimony builder to me. Heavenly Father knows all of his children. Through revelation and righteous priesthood stewardship, Sister Tarwater and I were put together. She is perfect for me in this next transfer and we are ready to work our TAILS off and invite EVERYONE to come unto Christ!!!!
A little about Sister Tarwater...AMAZING, from Arizona, been on a mission a transfer longer than me!
Funny story... so I am the most unfortunate person. We were talking to a Less active woman on Sunday and all of a sudden I started to FAINT in the street! Luckily she is a nurse! but really... Of COURSE I randomly faint in the middle of the street in front of this woman who just meets me. I also have been tripping and dropping things in front of the bishop and 1st counselor of the mission. Always a funny time around me I guess..
Sister Snowfall has returned-with a vengeance.
I love you all so much!
I KNOW that this gospel is true and that obedience to blessings leads to happiness!
 Mosiah 2:41    41 And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and ahappy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are bblessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out cfaithful to the end they are received into dheaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

we are PROMISED happiness!
I KNOW GOD LIVES AND LOVES US
Also we have12 exchanges to do in 4 weeks...one of my roles as a sister training leader... first one is tonight! so exciting!!!
xoxoxo
Sister Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment