Monday, July 1, 2013

Week 22 "What motivates you?

HELLO FAMILY!!!
Happy July 4th week! Its weird thinking about where I would be if I were home right now... soaking it up at Lake Powell with my favorite people in the world, but I am SO lucky to be a missionary. It's weird to say, but I would much rather be here in the outer banks sharing the gospel with everyone. You all will be in my thoughts, especially when I see those fireworks shoot off :)
It's OFFICIAL.. I am now in the Virginia Chesapeake Mission. I don't even know how to spell Chesapeake. Oh goodness. Anyways... President and Sister Perry left on Friday. I got a call from sister Perry on Thursday in regards to my stomach issues, so it was a good excuse to get to say goodbye to the Perry FAMILY!!! hahha it's been super weird. President and Sister Baker are now here as of Thursday. We haven't heard anything from them, or anything in regards to new technology, new rules, anything. We have been kind of in the dark these past couple of days, but it has been an adventure. We were laughing today about how we are the "other sheep that are not of this fold(the virginia richmond mission)" Tomorrow we are having mission conference with the Bakers! I am soo so excited to be able to meet them FINALLYYY.
This week was really amazing. It went by really fast. One of the fastest weeks so far. I can not believe that it is already July. Man how the time seriously flies. Missionary work is challenging. We had an amazing district meeting on Thursday and we talked a lot about what motivates us. Why we are on missions, why we are obedient, why we do the things we do. I have been doing some serious reflecting on this. The whole rest of my week I tried to change my outlook and my motivation. We are all motivated by different things, but what I realized should be our main motivator is our Savior and Heavenly Father. We are here on earth to learn and to grow. We will go through lots of opposition, and lots of happiness. We are given free agency so we can chose Christ or choose Satan. We know what is the best ending, we know how to end up there, but the hard part about making the right choices is having the desire and motivation. So when we center that motivation on Jesus Christ, we can always have the strength to make the right choices and follow Him and his gospel.
President Perry always said, CHOOSE CHRIST. We all are imperfect people. We all have days where we feel inadequate. But we can not let Satan get us down. We need to chose Christ, speedily repent, and get back on our feet! Don't dwell in misery, CHOOSE CHRIST! This has been on my mind a lot, especially after teaching a less active member named Brother B (rhymes with airy). Sweet I know.  He is such a good guy. He is living with his girlfriend who isn't a member and he feels misery for that. He won't come to church and doesn't feel good enough to do the little things that can help us come closer to Christ. We had an amazing lesson with him about the Atonement and repentance. It was one of the most spiritual lessons I have ever been in. There is no better feeling in the world than opening your mouth and letting the spirit of the Lord work through you, and seeing someone be touched by the Spirit. I don't know if that made sense or just sounded super creepy.... Last night, as you saw, we had a big dinner with the Jacobson family. Sister Jacobson reminds me so much of Sister Bertha. Always looking for missionary opportunities, always opening her house to events, always loving everyone and constantly radiating with the Spirit. She is awesome. We invited Brother Band his fiance, and R. We also had the F's there, they are an amazing family as well. The nags head ward has so many AMAZING people who are focused on missionary work and helping everyone around them.  Glad they sent you the pictures! I'm glad you got to see R. Sad you had to see me and all the glory of humidified hair and 100 lbs gained :)
R is planning on pushing his baptismal date forward!! Also brother F has to push his date back... he won't make the 17 of July,  but all is well. We are working so hard, and the hand of the Lord is involved in the work.
I am so grateful to be a missionary. I thank God every single day for this wonderful opportunity I have to be a missionary for the true, full, restored gospel of Jesus Christ. There is nothing more satisfying, more joyful, more important that I could be doing right now than being a missionary. I have never once regretted this decision!
Transfer calls are this Sunday!!! Sketchhhh. I am so scared. I do not want to leave this place. I have fallen in love with the area and these people. There is so much work to be done here and
I am not ready to leave! We will see what happens.. it's all in the Lords hands. Good thing He is a perfect God and can not make mistakes :) who better to trust than God??
have fun at Lake Powell.

NICK!!!!! I am so excited for you! I don't know if I can wait to hear where you are going!!
Summer, I am glad you had a happy birthday!
LOVE YOU ALLL!!!!!!!
xoxo
Sister Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment