Monday, July 22, 2013

6 moths outs! I am a child of God!


Hello!!!!!!!
This week was a slow one. Pretty tough, extremely hot and humid, and very fulfilling as always! We had a slow start to our week, but kept working our hardest as usual :) Sister H and I are a lot a like.  When I say a lot alike, we are literally the same person. We are always saying the same thing, laughing, making jokes that aren't funny but we think they are, forgetting things, its been crazy.  I have learned that I am a super forgetful person... so its been fun to ALWAYS be writing things down in my planner I don't

On Wednesday we had all of our appointments fall through until our 4:30 appt with F. He is the man who recently lost his son in a car crash. So we were out on his porch getting ready to go inside and teach, and Sister H goes " I'm not feeling well..." next thing I know she's puking over the porch into F's "Jesus plants!" hhahahaa me and a member were cracking up calling her Sister huuuuuurley. She's such a trooper.  We rescheduled and Sister H  felt better so we continued on our evening to teach R. He moved his date up to September 7th, so we are patiently waiting for this date to arrive. The theme for me this week seemed to be patience. It usually is that. I am grateful for the atonement and its infinate capacity to help me with my many weaknesses!
So after this fun day, we took Thursday morning to rest and prep ourselves for the rest of this week! update on my health issue.... I have been avoiding acidic foods, and finalllly on thursday I got some medicine for my stomach. It helped out, and now I dont wake up feeling so nauseous!  A couple nights ago I asked Heavenly Father to help me have strength and not be in so much pain.... and the whole day I felt amazing. God is great. I JUST LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY SO MUCH NOT EVEN WRITING IN ALL CAPS CAN EMPHASIZE MY HAPPINESS, JOY, AND EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!

I am all over the place today and I am so sorry! The library is super packed today and we are all rushed. It's no bueno.

Sister H and I played tough rugby on Thursday. I'm a beast. That was i lie. I am probably the worst rugby player the south has ever seen. But P came and made some friends with members so it was worth my embarrassment :) speaking of P... HE IS SO CLOSE!!! He is so close to the waters of baptism, so this week we are exercising our faith and set a goal to set him for baptism on August 15!!

Bro F won't make his date this weekend. I'm crying, but it's okay because it will come. patience. once again :)

I had a really awesome spiritual experience this Friday. I debated whether or not to share it, but i feel like it is okay :)  this is one of the most distinct impressions I have had so far, and it was an amazing experience. The church is SO TRUE.
So we had a lesson planned with a recent active member who is planning on going through the temple and her son M, who is investigating slowly. Well, Michael didn't show. Luckily we had a back up plan if we were just going to teach this sister. We were planning on teaching about patriarchal blessings. As we said the prayer, the thought came to my mind, she already has it. I kinda brushed it off and thought that it would be crazy if she already had her patriarchal blessing, but then I started thinking about a back up for our back up. All of a sudden I saw this image on a page in the book of Mormon I had read a couple of days ago. I didn't know really what the reference was, but I knew exactly what page and what it was saying. It was super weird, and all this was happening while sister H was praying. I felt the spirit really strong, so I knew exactly what was going to happen....
But me being dumb.... I continued on with our original plan and said ," today we wanted to talk about patriarchal blessings! " OF COURSE Sister Q told us that she already had her patriarchal blessing.  So, feeling stupid, I whipped out my Book of Mormon and we read the passage I saw. After we started talking about it, the spirit was so strong in the room. Sister Q looked down and said that she needs to start reading the Book or Mormon every day, and that she was embarrassed that she hasn't been doing it.

We had NO idea that this is what she needed, but luckily Heavenly Father knows each of his children. All I am here to do is to be a mouthpiece for the Spirit, to teach what Heavenly Father wants me to and to be a representative of our Savior. There is no greater calling than this, to teach souls the simple, direct, amazing gospel of Jesus Christ, and to share my testimony of the power and truthfulness of the Book of Mormon.

I love y'all so much! Keep being the amazing examples that you always are. I am so grateful for all of you. Wear Christ in your hearts and people will notice your light.

xoxoxo
Sister Snow

ps parentals... remember President Waddel?? stake president? and apparently he is an area of the 70 now??? well guess who showed up in sacrament meeting yesterday!! I went up to him after the meeting and asked if he used to be the stake president of the Del Mar Stake. He says hello!
nbd (no big deal)

Artsy

Farsty- Chelsea wanted to make sure we remembered how awesome beautiful she is

The Outer Banks Trio on a light house

No comments:

Post a Comment