Monday, June 3, 2013

It's official, I'm serving in a new Mission!

Hey Y'all!!!
SOOO last night was transfer calls! This was the transfer where we find out which mission we are going to be in. I am now officially in the Virginia Chesapeake Mission.  Me, Sister M and Sister H are staying in Nagshead for at least 5 more weeks! (this transfer is cut a week short) My new mission president will be President Baker!! Sweet huh???? Just like Dad,  I have the awesome rare chance to serve two missions in 18 months! I am super excited. Sadly, a lot of my dear friends are staying in the Richmond mission, so I won't see them at missionary conferences or have the chance to serve with them, but its okay :)
I HAVE THE BEST NEWS  EVER!! Well, not a baptism... BUT Mr. A. CAME TO CHURCH!!!!! It was honestly the BEST sacrament meeting I have ever been to in my life. The spirit was SO strong. We had many visitors (like usual in the summer time) and we got the privilege to hear from a senior couple who just got back from their mission in Africa. I didn't get a chance to talk to them and ask if they knew elder Dirkmaat, but their testimonies were very powerful. Alex was leaning forward and saying AMEN after the testimonies. Sister M and I looked at each other with tears in our eyes. Seriously, it was the best moment of my life. We found out a lot about Mr. A. this week. I'm not going to go into details. But he wants to keep meeting with us and coming to church.  He is making some amazing progress. The most I have seen so far in these 4 1/2 months of being a missionary.
This week was very interesting... remember how I said last week how we have been having some unfortunate experiences with some men in this area? Well, its starting to get worse. Luckily, one of the members bought us each some pepper spray, just in case. Some how, gossip spread throughout the ward that I am a black belt.. and everyone just laughs every time they see me. They think that I am the sweet one out of my companionship, so apparently its pretty unbelievable that "sweet sister snow" has a black belt in karate.
Funniest/most horrific teaching experience ever....We brought K. B. to institute with us on Tuesday night. The man that was teaching was a substitute teacher. He went into a discussion on the lamanite "curse" and the controversy over blacks and the priesthood.... this was our second lesson with KB, and her jaw was dropped the whole 15 minutes this went on. We had an hour and a half car ride home so we explained what it meant and hopefully cleared it up for her.
This Wednesday we are teaching a lesson in espanol. All I know how to say is we are missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. And I know this lesson is going to be very amusing.... hahhaha
We have had such a blessed week this week. We have seen strong evidence that everywhere we go is truly guided by the spirit. I have such a strong testimony and passion for missionary work. It still is terrifying for me every time I see someone walking on the street, and I know I need to talk to them. I still get freaked out before I knock on a door. But I know that Jesus Christ is my rock. He is with me every step of the way and I am strengthened by his love for me, and all of his brothers and sisters. I know with all my heart that this is the true restored gospel of Jesus Christ on the earth today.  Every day I am more and more converted and changed.
I love you all! Thanks for the constant love and support. It means so much to me to know that I have a family back home that is doing their part and being missionaries alongside with me! I know that we can be together forever, and that is the greatest blessing of all! We have such a wonderful gift to share with the world! Be bold and share your testimony with others!!!
xoxox
Sister Snow
PS: Chan, I'm sorry to hear that you are following in my footsteps and crashing cars...you will be happy to know that yesterday I ran into a mailbox. But its okay, there was a bush blocking it and nothing got hurt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment