Monday, May 13, 2013

Testimony of Fasting and Prayer! Week 16

Hello Fam!!
Man it was such a blessing to be able to see your beautiful faces yesterday! We were at a recent converts house and she said she saw a very different side of Sister Snow! Hahaha, but really I am so grateful that I got to talk to the people who mean the most to me in my life. Luckily after we skyped we had a lot to do to keep my mind busy. Don't worry about me, all is well!
This week was definitely miracle week. Never in my life have I seen so many miracles!! After many weeks pleading with Heavenly Father, fasting, and working hard to keep our "line in the water" and being exactly obedient, we saw results. We had some elders come to our area to cover more ground tracting, and we found 42 potential investigators! So cool. We have a lot of work to be doing this week! On Wednesday the Sister Training leaders came up and we went on exchanges. Sister W, Sister M and I went to an island called Wanchese and spent our day tracting. We found 5 new investigators and were in tears by the end of the day. We went from having a dead area to a beautifully alive area in just a couple of hours!! We have some very solid investigators, especially Miss D. Fam, I told you about her yesterday! She really has a deep love for Jesus Christ and when we were teaching her on her porch, as I asked her to read the last paragraph in the Book of Mormon, she stopped halfway through the reading and told us she feels the Holy Ghost. YESSS!!!! My jaw just dropped and I couldn't contain my smile. I probably freaked her out because Sister Wasked her what that meant if she felt the holy ghost, and she replied, then this book must come from God and I blurted out "IT IS!" with a creepy smile on and tears in my eyes.... I get wayyyy too excited. So that was one of the best moments of my entire life right there. We also met a man named Mr. H who looked similar to Jesus... long brown hair and a beard. He told us he is a messianic Jew and he went off about his theories of the American Indians and how they descended from the people of Jerusalem.... So of course we told him about the Book of Mormon! He is excited to learn more :) Sadly he is a "no-mad" and will be moving next month...but hey, that's enough time to be baptized! Wow it is amazing how people are truly prepared for this gospel. THE CHURCH IS SO TRUE! Every second of the day my testimony is strengthened. This gospel brings so much peace, comfort and happiness into our lives. People are SEARCHING for answers. And we have them. How great is our calling?!??!!  I am so blessed to be a missionary in this time. Heavenly Father really does answer our prayers. He wants what is best for us, and He knows what is best for us! All we have to do is be patient and humble. That is when the blessings will come.
Speaking of being patient.. We were so excited yesterday because A was coming to church. We had called him Saturday night, told him we had a ride set up, and he kept telling us on and on about how excited he was to come to church. So naturally, we were expecting him! We see Brother S show up with out A and he told us that his mom said A was in the hospital.... I have heard a lot of different excuses to not come to church, but this was the first time I have heard the hospital! So, I am choosing to be trusting and believe that he really is in the hospital. I am super worried about him! His phone is off and everything.
Please keep A in your prayers. And Thank you so much everyone for the birthday cards and wishes. I can not express to y'all how much it meant to me to hear from my friends and family. This may sound cheesy, but there is no better way to celebrate a birthday than by helping others to come unto Christ :) The weather was perfect on my birthday and I saw so many tender mercies, and sweet reminders of family and friends. God knew how to keep me cheerful on my birthday, and I am so grateful for the tender mercies this week. LOVE YOU ALL!!!! its so funny to no longer be classified as one of the  "19 year old sisters" :)
Keep being the amazing examples you are. I love you all.
Sister Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment