Monday, March 25, 2013

Get on your knees in Faith, get on your feet and work, Week 10

Hey Ya'll!!!!
This week has been super slow. We have still been fighting the Norfolk Plague. The down side to always being with your companions is that usually when one is sick, the other ones get sick as well. This week it was both of my companions turn to be sick. On Pday last week I was finally feeling well again. Then on Tuesday we went to Richmond for Sisters Meeting. It was so awesome to hear trainings from President Perry! I love that man sooo much. He is so loving, so kind, so inspired! We learned a lot about looking at the positive parts of our day, and looking at the good things we do instead of our weaknesses. As a missionary, I am 100% more aware of all my weaknesses. I am not a scriptorium, I am not the best teacher, and I am still learning how to recognize promptings. BUT... I have made it a goal to look at the positive. I am always trying. Never have I had a day where I look back and say " I wish I had tried harder." Everyday I am so drained! But I have never been HAPPIER!! 2 Nephi 22:2!!!!!! Behold, God is my salvation; I will atrust, and not be afraid; for the Lord bJehovah is my cstrength and my dsong; he also has become my salvation.

The days where we have been able to work, we got in contact with H W, the man we met while contacting potententials, and we were prompted to knock on H's door. He opened the door wearing sunglasses.... Either he is blind which is pretty unlikely because he has been reading the book of Mormon, or he could just really love his sunglasses I guess. Anyways, he still wants to read more before we come over so he can ask us questions. We are going to be meeting with him this week. Wish us luck! hahah we also had dinner at the Y's house. Sister Y is one of my favorite people ever. She is from Englad and is super loud, opinionated, and so loving. I have never met someone and just instantly loved them like I have with Sister Y. She opened up to us about her life. She has had a very hard life, and is still affected by it today. Every time we meet with her she tells us she's coming to church this week, and every week we don't see her. Keep her in your prayers family!
Because my companions were sick this week, for the first time in 2 months I studied alone. I didn't talk for like 3 hours, and so when our District leader called my voice sounded so creepy. Everyday I do something super weird and I fall asleep cracking up at myself. Like yesterday we had to get the elders bike home because we have a bike rack, and I tried to ride elder U's bike. Elder U plays on the BYU football team, is Tongan- I don't know how to spell that- and is about 6'3. In my attempt to ride I fell off the bike in front of the church in the snow. My leg has a pretty nice bruise on it, and I learned how difficult it is to ride a bike built for a giant, while in a pencil skirt. Today I tripped down the stairs of our front door.  Lets just say my companions and I laugh all the time.
We finally got in contact with K today!!! She is so near to my heart! She is the first person we found and taught. She was set for april 6, but she hasn't come to church yet so we have to push her date back :(
We taught L (ludaaaa) this week. We haven't commited him to be baptized yet, but I have a really good feeling about him! We taught him the plan of salvation, and he asked us some very deep doctrine questions that I did not see coming. He asked us if God has a body, then doesn't that mean that God was a man on a different planet before. We were like uhhh.... milk before meat L! hahahaha he also asked us who the Holy Ghost was. If he was a man, if he was a part of God, etc. It was a very interesting lesson..... We redirected the lesson to praying about the Book of Mormon to receive that answer for himself, and he comitted to read and pray!!!!!
Sister L has been throwing up the past couple of days so sister W and I went through the Area book calling Former investigators. We actually found someone!! Here's the story: We were calling a woman named D. A man answered the phone and he told us that he must have her old number becuase he always seems to be getting calls for her. Sister W gave it a shot and told him we were missionaries and that we have a message about Jesus Christ, and if he would be interested in learning more. He told us his pastor tells him of Chirst every Sunday. Sister W went on to tell him how after Christ died many truths were lost. Guys, we set up a return date with this random accidental phone call!!! His name is W! How cool is that?!?!?! I love being a missionary!!I forgot to tell ya'll that we were in a car accident last week! Everyone is okay, just a little collision. We might be car less for a little, so hopefully I can learn to ride a bike in a skirt. Sister missionaries are treated so well here, so they probably will get us a rental car. Don't worry mom, nobody got hurt!
Yesterday it snowed while we were out contacting after church. Its so crazy to me that we live so close to the beach but it still snows! It was one of the funnest days of my mission. We were walking in the snow with our umbrellas blowing inside out and our fingers freezing off, just laughing. We met some solid potential investigators! This week we are all feeling better, so we are going to WORK SOOOO hard!!!!!!!!
Get on your knees in faith, get on your feet and WORK
Love you all!!!!
Sister Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment