Monday, March 11, 2013

Week 8 Lollipops and passalong cards


Hellllooooooo!!!
This week has been a crazy adventure! There is always a crazy story that happens here in Norfolk! To start off, yesterday was transfer call day and all three of us are staying here in Norfolk for 7 weeks! (This transfer was a week short, so its a week longer this coming transfer) Our zone is splitting and we are getting a new zone leader but losing Elder M. Our zone leaders have been such a blessing. They are so bold and hardworking but are sooo funny. They remind me that I don't have to be a robot missionary to be a successful one!
GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!
We set K for BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!!! APRIL 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never felt this kind of joy before.... It's so amazing! I love being a missionary and helping people to come unto Christ!! During our lesson with her, we were teaching about the atonement. It lead to faith and we read Alma 32 with her, which led to talking about coming to church and reading the book of mormon and being baptized. As I was baring my testimony she asked, "Why is it so important to be baptized anyways?" Well let me telll you! hahah It was the best question I have ever heard. I am so excited for her. We are working with her to come to church. She has a really hard time with coming to church so hopefully we can get to the bottom of this issue!
That was probably the best news from this week. To be honest the rest of the week was slow...All of our investigators except K cancelled due to being sick or forgetting our appointment and wanting to read the book of mormon more before we came by. On Weds we went to visit V, the super awesome  lady who has the most ghetto accent I've ever heard. She forgot about our appointment so we went to the car,and pulled up to a road around the corner to call less actives and move ins. After we were done calling people, Sister Wylie tried to turn the key and the car wouldn't start! So, we discovered that our battery had died and we were stuck in a super sketchy area of Norfolk. hahahaha typical. We kinda were freaking out a little bit and called the senior missionary couple to rescue us. As we were waiting for them we decided to go tracting so we wouldn't waste the Lord's time! We found two potentials, one looks like the rapper Ludacris. We'll call him L. We will see what happens with them! The rest of the day was spent waiting at Panera for our car to get out of the shop. It never did, so we had to get a ride home and then the next day we picked up our car. Goodness it has been a hectic week!
We had dinner with one of my favorite members, Sister P. She opened up to us and told us about her husband, who stopped coming to church and didn't want to change his ways. She is getting a divorce and has two young boys. She played us this song on the guitar and we were all crying together. It felt so nice to feel close with someone! At times I have felt lonely out here, nobody really knows me and I feel like I have no idea what I am doing. But I have gained such a strong testimony of the Atonement, and because of Jesus Christ I can turn these doubts, fears, and loneliness to him and find strength. It really is working for me. Heavenly Father really does have His eyes out for his missionaries. I have never recognized so many tender mercies in a day as I do walking the streets of Norfolk.
On saturday we went tracting and came across a group of little kids playing in the street, They were so cute, one of the little girls named Payton asked me to tie her shoes for her and they all started following us around the cul-de-sac  helping us knock on doors. We gave them pass along cards with Jesus on them, and we asked what they knew about Jesus. One kid said "he tells us not to say bad words!" then one said "he made us all!" then another kid said "he was married!" we started laughing and then a kid yells "no that was Martin Luther King Jr!' then another kid said "No, that's Barak Obama!" hahahaha so funny. Then when we had to leave the neighborhood they gave us flowers and lolipops. Gotta love being a missionary!
Yesterday I gave my first official talk in my ward! I spoke on faith. It was fun, I was more nervous to give this talk then to give my farewell talk! haha but it went well.
Today we watched the sunrise at the beach. So beautiful. The east coast beach is very different from home, but still so so beautiful!
I have so many pictures to send, but my adapter thingy still doesnt work! I think I'm just going to send my SD card home. I took a video of me on benedryl. Its totes cray. Yeah I was sick this week, and I am finally getting a little better! Being sick on the mission is the worst thing ever. But I got a blessing from two elders in my district. This is going to sound so cheesey, but it was one of the most beautiful blessings I have ever heard. I was feeling so low and gross, and I kept thinking to myself during the blessing , Heavenly Father, do you really love me? I know that is such a sad question to ask, but I did, and the second I thought that, Elder S said how much Heavenly Father loves me and I felt this wave of peace and love overcome me and I started crying. I am so grateful for the priesthood and for the knowledge I have that Heavenly Father loves me and is aware that I am trying my hardest.
I am so grateful that I have the privlidge to be a missionary! I get super emotional every time I think about the fact that I am on a mission right now, and I'm 19!!!!  This is such a blessing that I am able to be here. Because of modern revelation through a prophet I am a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and I have never been happier!
Love you all! Pray for missionary opportunities! Be bold!
xoxo
Sister Snow
Ps JAKEEEEEEEEEEE I can't believe you are reporting the mtc already!!! Get ready for the BEST two years of your LIFE!!!! You will be in my prayers, as well as all of you Mechites! Be strong, have faith that you can do this!! I am so excited to be serving along side my best friend and cousin!!!!!  and mommy please send me Elder Mecham's MTC address!! Love you Jakey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment