Tuesday, February 18, 2014

For when I am weak, then am I strong/Remember to be strong!


Hey Y'all!
I hope everyone had an amazing VALENTINES DAY!!!!!  I love valentines day as a missionary because we get to focus on the love that matters most: The Love of our Savior and Heavenly Father. I definitely felt an increase in charity for our investigators, members, and the sisters we work with this week!
I honestly do not have that much to report on this week... we had three exchanges this week with some sister missionaries and as we prayed about who goes with who we felt strongly that I needed to be with each of these specific sisters in their area. So out of the 7 days this week... I was only here for 2 1/2  full days. It's been hard to be away. I saw so many miracles this week as I turned to Heavenly Father and asked for his insight and help for what I can do to be a better instrument for him. It has been such an amazing experience to see a miracle every single exchange I have been on, and to be able to help the sisters know they are good enough! It is so crazy how Heavenly Father gives you certain trials and weaknesses for very specific reason. The many things I have been through these past 13 MONTHS SAY WHAAA???!! have been not only for my benefit, but for the benefit of other children of God. God knows that as we turn to him in our weaknesses, not only can they become strengths for US but for his children that are struggling with similar situations. I have been touched by this realization and my testimony grows so much every single day as I learn and feel of the love God has for me and each of us.
Thursday we had the chance to go to leadership training at the mission office. We had 5 hours straight of hearing pure revelation from President and Sister Baker and the assistants. I learned a lot about how to be a better leader and got motivated to step it UP! There is no time for laziness, fear, and idleness. this is the LORD'S WORK and it is the most serious of all matters.
After the meeting we went out with Sister Baker and we had many opportunities to teach, find, testify and boldly invite others to come unto Christ.
Some sad news for the week.... N and J dropped us. I guess you can't really drop the missionaries if you have already been baptized in J's case... but they want to take a break from church because they feel too guilty saying they are keeping commitments when they aren't actually doing it. Also Nancy's dad who is super anti is coming down really hard on them. We are so disappointed and sad about it. Some day they will be ready to come closer with their Father in Heaven :) we are looking forward with faith!
C is still doing AMAZING!! He had his baptismal interview on Sunday and our district leader said he has never seen someone so ready before. C has been such a blessing and miracle to teach. He is so humble and ready for this gospel. He told me yesterday at church how he's so excited to be baptized, and how he's been ready since LAST week! Let's do this already!!
A is also getting baptized this week. On Sunday. We are praying she follows through with this decision. I know she will!!
We have met a couple of new people this week to teach, and they show a lot of potential. This place is on fiyaaaaa.
During my studies this week I had some very sweet experiences. Sometimes, even when you are a missionary and are always studying, testifying, and relying on the spirit, Satan can get in our heads. This is something that has probs been the hardest part for me this whole time serving a mission. I have had so many moments of growth, but when these moments of growth take place, Satan will do everything he can to knock us back down. I came across a talk from one of my friends, Sister Anderson this week and it changed my life. Again. I am having a lot of these life changing moments hahah.
I thought I would share a quote:
   "The Key to happiness is to accept ourselves as we are, to be content and to live with what we have."
mind blown. At that moment I realized the reason I have been unhappy lately with myself is because I do not accept myself. I compare myself to my companion, other missionaries, members, etc and all it is doing is hindering my progression. I don't know why I am sharing this with everyone... but I really feel like it is needs to be said! So hopefully someone reading this will learn something from my experience. As we accept and truly LOVE ourselves we will allow the spirit more into our lives, we will have more success, and we will grow into the people we are destined to be. We will become like our Father in Heaven. That is an overwhelming goal but it is SO possible only through the atonement of Christ. As we humble ourselves, acknowledge our weaknesses, and turn to Christ these weaknesses, insecurities, and inadequacies will dwindle as we become strong through Him.
Love y'all mucho!
Life is good, the church is true, I am happy and HEALTHY! no more concussion or car accidents!!!
Have an amazing week and remember to BE STRONG!
xoxox
Sister Snow

 

No comments:

Post a Comment