Monday, October 21, 2013

By your willingness to be obedient, to serve God, to follow and trust the spirit, and to LOVE His children-This is being a successful missionary

The Nasty

My view on our screen door every morning minus the screen

HI
We are now twins- we dress alike

Waiting for the Elders to unlock the building (personally, I think she looks a little mischievous?)

A lovely sister made me moccasins, Cherokee style.

Another week gone! I cannot believe I am half way done.... What???? How did that even happen??!
Time really flies by when you are having fun and serving the Lord

Umm. I am getting more and more technologically challenged every single day. So sad. I don't know how I accidentally just sent that email but anyways..... This week went great! On Tuesday we got a phone call from the assistants to the president...  Sister H and I were freeeeeaking out. We looked over the calendar and saw that no big meetings were coming up so they MUST not be calling to ask us to give a training.. so we answered. Hahaha ,turns out they were looking at our key indicators from last week and called us to tell us they were so shocked and asked us for advise so they could tell the mission on how to get more member presents and how to find more investigators. I  was shocked the entire time. So that was a day brightener!  Of course the rest of the next couple of days consisted of the slowest, longest days so far:  people not showing up for appointments, cancellations, and rejection. But there must be opposition in all things!

We got to teach a less active family the restoration this week, and the father and I were in tears as we taught the first vision. Every SINGLE time I have taught the message of the restoration, the spirit fills the room and I have no doubts that Joseph saw what he saw. There is such power in this.  God loves all of his children and He is not going to let us live in darkness. I have learned very personally how important it is for our investigators to have a testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of  Mormon. For if the Book of Mormon is true, then Joseph Smith really was a prophet, and if he was a prophet, then the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the one true church on the earth, with the full priesthood authority of God. It's that simple.  Of course that is one of the hardest things I have ever done.. helping people to get that testimony for them selves. K for example, We fasted and prayed so hard last week that he would be strong and live the word of wisdom. But at his girlfriend's sorority formal this weekend she wouldn't not drink with him so he gave into temptation. killller!!!!!!!! I was heartbroken. I don't know how Heavenly Father does it. I am just teaching a small little grain of sand in the beach of all of Gods children ( getting artsy with my analogies I know) and I get so sad and devastated when they fall into sin. God watches all of us do it, and He won't do anything to control us! Agency is the hardest thing to accept!!!! The more I serve the Lord the more I love him. I have not even a fraction of love for these people than he does, and here I am getting so sad when they stumble. My thoughts are directed towards my Father in Heaven and I remember how many times he has had patience for me, and I am sufficiently humbled and filled with energy to keep pushing myself. When I even have the thought "this is hard" cross into my mind I shake it off and remember what I have learned about what our Savior has done for all of us. Then I realize this is nothing in comparison. I can keep pushing harder. I can keep getting better.

Sorry for that tangent... So yes, K is struggling hard core. We realized that if he doesn't believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet, why would he believe that God would, through him, reveal the word or wisdom? We watched the restoration DVD with him on Saturday and he had so many concerns about Joseph Smith that we realized he had a lot of work to do! I am confident that once he gets that answer from God that the book of Mormon is true, then every other concern will disintegrate

We saw a less active woman who was smoking a cigarette in my face and then started seizing as we taught about honoring your baptismal covenants... that was fun.

We saw so much opposition this week. Really it was a tough one... L has a date for the 26 of October but told us on Friday that he is not ready because he doesn't want to get baptized "half-heartedly." He told us he doesn't want to make a covenant with God while he still has the desire to break the word of wisdom. He wants to be perfect, he doesn't want to fall away after making such a big life changing commitment. We told him that he needs to keep praying about it and that Satan wants us to feel like we aren't ready, that we aren't worthy, that we aren't good enough. We went over repentance and the gift of the atonement. We have been doing everything we can to help him reach his date. We have seen or talked to him every single day this past week... We've talked to our district about it, the bishop, and we all feel L is ready. He has been living the word of wisdom for 2 weeks now!!!!!! this is huge for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please keep him in your prayers this week. Satan is really after him. He has been coming to church more regularly than a lot of the active members!! L is golden!! He just doesn't see it!
So lesson learned this week... be humble. Even though you might be having a lot of "success,"  there must be an opposition in all things. You are not measured by the number of lessons you teach, but by your heart. By your willingness to be obedient, to serve God, to follow and trust the spirit and the LOVE his children. This is being a successful missionary. Not having the highest numbers in the mission.
I love this gospel so much. I know that this is the best and most important work we all could be engaged in. Work through the tough times and God will bless you with peace, satisfaction, and miracles!!!!
He is waiting with his arms stretched forth for us to come unto Him
Have an amazing week!!!
xoxoxo
sister snow

No comments:

Post a Comment