Saturday, January 26, 2013

Week 2 Sis. Snowfall



Family and Friends!!!!
I love you all so much!! Thank you so much for the letters and dear elders and everything! I feel so loved. Okay so I have so much to tell you and so little time. Seriously this week just flew by! I can't believe it's already been a week. But it also feels like I have been here for FOREVER. But I love it :) So, this week I have grown so much in my testimony. This church is true. I am so grateful for all of the amazing experiences I have had here so far. Alma 26: 27
 
I thought I would share with you some awk stories about how even though I am a missionary I am still me... Um every elder here calls me sister snowfall. I literally have fallen or tripped over something every single day since I have been here. On thursday the ground was super slippery because the moisture from the ground froze over. That's usually what makes ice I'm told. Anyways, so I'm walking back from a TRC appointment with my companions (TRC is when actors come and play investigators and we teach them, its my favorite. If you treat it real, you will learn so much) So I'm walking to my classroom and before I know it I am sliding into the splits in a skirt. Not the most pleasant thing to be doing at the MTC. So I'm laughing hysterically and of course that makes me fall even more, and my poor companions are trying to help  me up but they are falling now! Apparently while this is happenening my other companion is watching the classroom of elders above me all rushing over to the window, pointing and laughing at me. It was great.
 
I have had some amazing spiritual experiences as well! Dont worry! On Monday one of our teachers told us that we were going to teach another member of our district anything about lesson one and we would have to pray to recieve revelation about the person. This scared me so bad. The whole day I felt that I wasn't in tune, and that my teaching ability was nothing compared to my two companions who are elementary education majors!! I mustered up the courage and prayed to Heavenly Father to be able to feel guided. Well I got some thoughts into my head and just went for it. As we meet up with our partners, I started teaching my lesson I prepared to Elder B. As I started sharing scriptures with him  he started tearing up and told me the things I was teaching him were things he had been struggling with and had been praying about for days. Wow. The power of the Holy Ghost is real. We just need to act in faith and have confiendence in our Lord and we will be okay! I have such a strong testimony of this. I may not have all the confidence in the world, but through the Atonement and through my faith in my savior i know that I am able to be the missionary i need to be, becuase of him.
Last night we did this same activity, and I was partnered up with my teacher. I taught him about faith and the power of a testimony, and when he taught me he hit my issues SPOT on. it was crazy. He showed me d&C 62: 3. It was an amazing experience to be able to see and feel how much being in tune and having the gift of discernment can affect lessons.
 
On Sunday my companion sister C got called out of church to meet with a president in the MTC. there was a family emergency and she found out some heartbreaking news. I learned so much from her. She is such a strength and truly focuses on service and attributes of christ when times are not only great, but when they are hard as well. ever since this day, we all have become best friends. I love them soooo much. We have so much fun together and all the sisters in my zone have all clicked. We have so much fun together.Family, I am so happy! oh, Mackynzie, I looove Sister E! I am sitting by her right now actually! We are so excited for you to be here in a couple days! the mtc is work. every second of the day is planned out, from the time you wake up, to your food, to when you plan. But i love it. You will too. The spirit you feel here is amazing.
 Everyone has been asking how the food is... hahaha its fine i guess. I just eat ceral or salads. The other stuff scares me.
 
So mom, I'm going to tell you something but don't freak out okay? They thought the flu plague was gone... but it came back with a vengeance this week. My zone was dropping like flies. Thursday I started feel super sick, but i didnt want to go to my room and sleep because i didnt want to miss out on anything. My other companion Sister J had been feeling sick as well, but we both thought it would be a good idea to stick with it. So.... in class I was so sick. Sister C said she thought i was going to faint every other minute. Apparently I looked like death. You know how when im sick or tired i get dilerious and i dont really think about things before i say them? Um that happened. In class.  My teacher was sharing an experience about how he loves spanish and I blurt out "Me gusta los Chanchos" Who ever knows if that was proper grammar or if that made any sense. My teachers face dropped and evryone in the room was silent. Most awkward moment of my life. Then everyone started laughing and i was so out of it i just smiled and said sorry. Maybe Elder Farrow knows what i said. Oh well :) So after that experience we had to teach one of our progressing investigators. His name is V and he doesnt believe in God and has no religious back ground. I was trying to talk about the Atonement but I was so sick I made no sense. Both my companions weren't feeling their best either, and we made no sense throughout the entire lesson. It was probably the most awkard lesson in all of missionary history.
 
So I got even more sick after this lesson and got a blessing from the elders in my district. It was his first blessing ever and it was so cool to be apart of that. Our district is super close and we all call each other family. So, after the blessing I felt super confident that I would be okay the next moring. Nope. I woke up at 630 like usual and started our service activity. We had to clean the bathrooms and I was so dizzy I couldn't stand up without leaning on to something. I definitely had the flu. Throwing up in the MTC is not fun. But I went to the doctor and they gave me a magic pill that makes you not feel nauseous. I had to stay in and rest, but I made it to class and taught another investigator.
 
I feel better now! I am really being taken care of here. My testimony has grown so much. Heavenly Father really answers prayers. If you ask with real intent, HE WILL ANSWER!
Oh I  got my flight info. I leave Feb 6 at 4 am. yummy. My flight leaves at 715 am and I have a layover in Georgia for 2 hours. So momma, expect a call! I'll have to figure out the time difference but I'll keep you posted.
I got slip, watch, and dads package! Thank you!! I miss you so much family. It really hit me as I was sick yesterday. But I am happier than I have ever been and I have strength in the love I feel from the Lord and from you at home! Favorite treats are almonds, cashews, anything chocolate? idk.
 
 Nice job with the likes on fb mom. proud of you. yolo. Dad and Chan, hope you had fun in Utah. Love you all! Oh Sister Farrow, thank you for that poem! I shared it with my district :) they lovedddd it! And Sister Bertha, those quotes were amazing!! I am so grateful for your example and faith!
alright, times up! I love you all! Have an amazing sabbath day tomorrow! It really is the best day of the week.
Love,
Sister Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment